Detrenyona Chester, Registrar. All inquiries in reference to utilizing Veterans Affairs Educational benefits should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note it could take up to 3 business days to receive a response to your inquiry.
Located inside the Office of the Registrar the Veterans Services Center’s mission is to assists military members, veterans, and dependent students take advantage of the numerous education opportunities by connecting them to their VA Education Benefits and any support services necessary for their academic, professional and personal success while here at Edward Waters.
Edward Waters College is approved for the education and training of eligible service members, veterans of the U.S. Armed forces, eligible spouses and dependents under the current public laws.
Students must contact the Depart of Veterans Affairs Regional Office far enough in advance prior to the projected term of enrollment and are required to submit the Certificate of Eligibility form to the School Certifying Official before the registration process can begin.
Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Regional Office
P.O. Box 8888
Muskogee, OK 74402-8888
The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) requires that each applicant for VA educational benefits, be formally accepted to an approved college or university for which the student is enrolled in an approved degree program before initial certification process can begin.
To be considered for acceptance at Edward Waters College, prospective students must complete the standard application for admissions and submit all admissions related documents.
- Complete Edward Waters College online admissions application
- Pay nonrefundable $25 application fee
Admissions Related Documents
- Final official high school transcript or GED® test score report
- Official test scores SAT or ACT
- Official college transcripts from all prior colleges and universities attended.
Additional Resources for Veterans are available on the Department of Veterans Affairs webpage at www.gibill.va.gov.
Application for VA Benefits & Additional Related Requirements:
How to apply for Benefits
Transfer of Entitlement recipients of the Post 9/11 GI Bill should file the Application for Family Member to use Transferred Benefits, VA form 22-1900e.
Dependents should file the Application for Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance, VA form 22-5490.
Veterans should file the Disabled Veteran’s Application for Vocational Rehabilitation, form 28-1900, to apply for vocational rehabilitation benefits.
Students who have used their VA education benefits at another institution, must file the Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, VA form 22-1995, in order to receive benefits.
Student Enrollment Certification: Chapters 30, 32, 33, VRAP, 1606 and 1607 veterans must verify their monthly enrollment online by accessing the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE), or by using the telephone verification system at 1 (877) 823-2378. The VA Regional Processing office will no longer mail verification of enrollment forms (VA FORM 22-8979) to those veterans.
- Academic Standing: In order to remain eligible for benefits, students must maintain good academic standing and/or college standards of progress for DVA.
- Document Submissions: Certification of enrollment is initiated by the student at the beginning of each semester. Student must submit all required documents to the Veterans Affair Coordinator, located in the Registrar’s Office.
Required Documents for VA Certification are listed below:
These documents must be
- Student Schedule
- Financial Aid Award Letter ( if applicable)
- Student Accounts Fee Assessment sheet
Please allow up to 30 days for the processing of your benefits.
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Information for Returning OEF/OIF
- Information for Dependents
- Veterans Online Application (VONAPP)
- First time applicants (including Chapter 35), different education benefits, or changing schools and programs
- The online application for Chapters 30, 33, 1606 and 1607
- The online application for Chapter 31 Veterans
- Yellow Ribbon Grant Information & Application
- Verification of Enrollment
- Chapter 30, 33, 1606 and 1607 Veterans MUST verify their enrollment at the end of each month: 1-877-823-2378
Chapter 30 Veterans may access Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) to obtain a benefit letter indicating remaining benefits.
Veterans toll free number
Questions about filling out your application