Te’Anna Austin is a psychology scholar hailing from beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She serves as Miss Sophomore for the 2020-2021 academic year. Te’Anna is energetic and has a heart to help those around her. Te’Anna says, “Edward Waters College has impacted my life in many different ways. During my freshman year I was able to join Tiger Nation Campus Activities and Programming Board, which allowed me to plan many events for the students and staff on campus. During this time, I learned a lot about Business and Marketing. I was happy that I could be a part of this wonderful organization.” She feels that education is valuable because knowledge is powerful. “Having an education can unlock doors that normally can’t be unlocked. By gaining a sense of knowledge you can network yourself into many things or manifest the life you dream of.” Te’Anna’s mantra is “Always remain HUMBLE and watch how God will Bless you.”
Starting September 7, 2021 from 10:00am-1:00pm and occurring the first week of every month EWU students can walk-in &/or make an appointment to secure a time slot for the various workshops offered:
- Mondays : Mock Interviews (20 minute increments) -Students should come in dressed with professional attire and a description of the employment opportunity they are preparing for &/or seeking. Practice interviews will take place to help them prepare.
- Tuesdays: “Talk Tuesday”- consults will be done with students. They can come into the Career Center for career tests, guidance, questions &/or discussions on career-related topics.
- Wednesdays: “Wednesday Writing”- Students will be able to work on resumes, cover letters, portfolios, etc.. at the career center and have them reviewed.
- Thursdays: “Teach Me Thursday” – Every first Thursday of the month, a specific topic will be discussed. (i.e. personal development, networking, co-working, benefits of social media within certain career fields, guests will also be requested to speak on various topics as well, etc…)
- Fridays: “TGFO” Thank God for Opportunities- New jobs/internship announcements will be posted on the EWU Career website. EWU students can also come into the office to discuss available opportunities as well.