Math major Devin Hunter (3.963 GPA), a member of the Undergraduate Research Workshops held on Saturday mornings under the leadership of Dr. Landrum, was awarded a paid summer research internship to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) School of Engineering in Cambridge, MA. Mr. Hunter was also selected to present at the National Society of Black Engineers’ 46th Annual Convention (#NSBE46) that will take place August 19–23, 2020 (originally scheduled in March but moved to this date due to the Coronavirus) in San Antonio, Texas, at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. The Convention demonstrates NSBE’s commitment to lead the United States to graduate 10,000 Black Engineers annually by 2025.
Starting September 7, 2021 from 10:00am-1:00pm and occurring the first week of every month EWU students can walk-in &/or make an appointment to secure a time slot for the various workshops offered:
- Mondays : Mock Interviews (20 minute increments) -Students should come in dressed with professional attire and a description of the employment opportunity they are preparing for &/or seeking. Practice interviews will take place to help them prepare.
- Tuesdays: “Talk Tuesday”- consults will be done with students. They can come into the Career Center for career tests, guidance, questions &/or discussions on career-related topics.
- Wednesdays: “Wednesday Writing”- Students will be able to work on resumes, cover letters, portfolios, etc.. at the career center and have them reviewed.
- Thursdays: “Teach Me Thursday” – Every first Thursday of the month, a specific topic will be discussed. (i.e. personal development, networking, co-working, benefits of social media within certain career fields, guests will also be requested to speak on various topics as well, etc…)
- Fridays: “TGFO” Thank God for Opportunities- New jobs/internship announcements will be posted on the EWU Career website. EWU students can also come into the office to discuss available opportunities as well.