Annik Segree, a junior, biology major, interned this summer, as an Advisor at Envision experience National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF): Advanced Medicine & Health Care at Johns Hopkins University campus. Her roles included: facilitating curricula such as medical ethics and differential diagnosis; Chaperone scholars at the medical center at Johns Hopkins and Maryland University, medical workshops and other excursions. Annik shared, it was a great experience working with a brilliant group of scholars enhancing the scholastic credentials, and exploring a variety of health care professions in action.
Starting September 7, 2021 from 10:00am-1:00pm and occurring the first week of every month EWU students can walk-in &/or make an appointment to secure a time slot for the various workshops offered:
- Mondays : Mock Interviews (20 minute increments) -Students should come in dressed with professional attire and a description of the employment opportunity they are preparing for &/or seeking. Practice interviews will take place to help them prepare.
- Tuesdays: “Talk Tuesday”- consults will be done with students. They can come into the Career Center for career tests, guidance, questions &/or discussions on career-related topics.
- Wednesdays: “Wednesday Writing”- Students will be able to work on resumes, cover letters, portfolios, etc.. at the career center and have them reviewed.
- Thursdays: “Teach Me Thursday” – Every first Thursday of the month, a specific topic will be discussed. (i.e. personal development, networking, co-working, benefits of social media within certain career fields, guests will also be requested to speak on various topics as well, etc…)
- Fridays: “TGFO” Thank God for Opportunities- New jobs/internship announcements will be posted on the EWU Career website. EWU students can also come into the office to discuss available opportunities as well.